What is the KS AdvoAngle?
“The Advo-Angle” is a Kansas Music Educators Association Website. It is a website for all Music Educators to use for Music Advocacy ideas. However, Students, Parents, Business People, Administrators, Professional Musicians can use it as a tool for collecting ideas on the value of Music Education. It includes Advocacy statements, Ideas, and Quick Thoughts for Advocacy needs. The goal is to continue developing a thriving webpage filled with many interactive spaces and links, which provide Music Advocacy ideas and support to Kansas Music Advocates. We want not only Kansas music educators involved, but also our Kansas Community members. It is important to have the Community involved, because it is at our Community level where the development of ideas for the world of Music Education and the Advocacy thereof is conceived, created, developed and put into action!
Music is a Well-Rounded Subject
KMEA Commercial for All
Music is recognized as a well-rounded subject, which stands on equal footing with Math, Science and Reading. KMEA Advocacy applied for and was granted a Music Advocacy Grant from the Country Music Association Foundation and the National Association for Music Education. KMEA created this commercial for television and social media using the grant award. It features Miss Kansas 2021 Taylor Clark, Sterling High School Band, McPherson High School Choir, Lawrence Free-State Orchestra and Dodge City High School Musical Theatre.
Written by Kelly Knedler/Jalen Gifford; Music by Jeff Adams; Videography by Jalen Gifford
View the PowerPoint from the KMEA In-Service Workshop (PDF format) used in the Advocacy Session: "KMEA & the Country Music Association Foundation Grant Award - The Power of a Well-Rounded Education." Friday, February 24, 2023 at 10:00am.
What is the KSAdvoAngle about?
The KS AdvoAngle was featured in....
What Music & The Arts Can Do...
Here are some Quick Reminders:
– Music and the arts connect subjects across the curriculum.
– Music demands excellence!
– Music education connects students and communities.
– Solutions to world problems are dependent on creative thinking and problem-solving, skills
intentionally taught in music and the other arts.
Remember The Arts:
– Stimulate economic development and community infrastructure.
– Prepare students for the 21st century by teaching innovative thinking, problem solving and
– Build bridges among communities and people.
– Improve quality of life in our communities by increasing civic engagement.